Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Official Week

Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Monday was Caleb's first day of Orientation. While school does not actually start until next Monday (for me, too!), he has come home with homework every night! As in briefs and outlines to write and tons of reading! I was shocked! They really get the ball rolling here! But he LOVES it though! You should have seen how amped he was when he walked in the house the first night with his piles of books and folders and papers...it was so refreshing for me to see him like that. I was a little nervous that the first few days would be really overwhelming, but instead I feel like the first few days, at least, has done the opposite. Despite the fact that there was an insane amount of new information presented to the students yesterday, Caleb definitely came home rejuvinated and "on his game" last night. I was thrilled.
Other news- we are all moved in! Well, there are still a few drapes and pictures we have to put up, but thats easy stuff. All the furniture is in place, the kitchen is set up and organized to meet its maximum level of functionality ( I thought we would never be done in there!), and most importantly, the office a.k.a Caleb's War Room is set up for Caleb to conquer and solve all the worlds problems...and study law at the same time! The way the apartment is set up the War Room can be turned into a little suit just by closing the door to the rest of the house. See?..



The open door in the back is the office... the room to the left is the guest bathroom. Sorry these pictures really are not good quality at all...they are from my Iphone...trying to find my camera charger! I will post better ones as soon as I find it! Promise! Here is the empty living room- Caleb's waving to everyone! This is 2 days before our furniture...we had to wait there allllll day long for the cable guys to come hook up everything so I turned it into picture time!


Front door/Entryway...to the left you have the coat closet and that other door is to the water heater. So boring, but at least they put a cute door on it right?

The Dining Room. I love the lights...the same ones are in the kitchen also. 
We bought a new couch and love seat shortly after we arrived here and they were able to be delivered the same day the rest of our furniture arrived. Here's the love seat...



When we got married, we inherited a great chair from my parents. My mom bought it at least 15 years ago for $10 at a garage sale in Leisure World. Some grandma did not know what she was giving away! My mom thinks she has re-upholstered the chair 8 or 9 times during her time as owner and after 2 years of having it dark green, I decided to change it up for the move. We chose this gorgeous fabric. (Im sitting in that chair right now typing to you all with that laptop!)
Here is the matching couch!
Here is half the set-up dining room...
The Kitchen view from the dining room...the breakfast bar is so fun for meals, internet browsing, and homework.
So proud of my man!

The apartment has 9 Foot Ceilings leaving a great space above the kitchen cupboards for fun turquoise decor! The cherry cabinetry was a huge part of what sold me on this apartment!

Whole Living Room! The right drape is in the mail from the poorly stocked Bed, Bath, and Beyond of Virginia Beach...
Guest bathroom...Palm tree/ beachy decor.

Well, thats our place! Well, for now.. I will post more/better pictured of everything soon which will include pictures of our room, the War Room and the deck and everything. :)

God is so good, life is so good, and we are counting the days till Christmas! We miss our families, our friends in CA, Orange County, and In'n'out...so so bad.
Thank you for your prayers! We can feel them!
We love you all! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Stews News. Design by Pocket